Saturday, March 15, 2014

Page 53

((I just wanted to put something out, but I'm thinking of writing something new at some point.))

Yeah, this isn't much but I didn't really think much of about what was going on.

Alexander ate slowly, the smile on his face growing as he looked down at his plate and occasionally back at the butt of his hostess.  She seemed to be swaying lightly to the sound of the music now, lost in her own little world.  Not wanting to interrupt that, he just continued eating eventually finishing his plate and leaving him only with the glass of water in front of him.  Barely paying attention to the final bites as he found himself lost in his surroundings.  Warm, green and above all else full of sound that wasn’t just the howl of wind and ice cracking, this place was paradise to him.

“Everything alright?  You look like you’re lost there bud,”  Reza’s voice was honey to him. 

“Yeah, everything is perfect.  I got a great meal, the atmosphere is amazing and I’m looking at the prettiest thing I’ve ever seen.”  As he said this, Alexander just smiled up at Reza who placed her hands on her hips with a smirk of her own, a smirk that screamed that she thought that little comment was cute.

"Really now, so you like the view do you?  A lot of people like the view, what makes your opinion any different?"  Reza had started to lean forward a little bit, showing off a little bit of her cleavage as she did, on the way down.  When she had taken to resting her arms on the counter so that her head was level with Alexander's, she just chuckled lightly.  "I'm waiting."

"Can't say anything makes me different,"  Alexander said as he took a small sip of the water that had been put in front of him.  His mind trying to run through reasons that would make him better suited than anyone else, but honestly that was a hard thing to say.  "I've seen a lot of beauty in my life, been to a lot of exotic locations thanks to my job, though I spent the last four years of my life stranded on a dead white rock.  Coming here and seeing all this life, all this joy and then seeing a beautiful woman whose willing to even have a conversation with me.  Well, it's more than this poor soot deserves by far."

Reza slowly pulled back up, blushing before moving one of her hands up to her neck line and subconsciously grasped at the air before responding.  "What were you doing on said, white rock that took you so long?"

"Mining operations, I was the head of security, " the response was quick and practiced, just enough information to be honest, too little to give anything away.  He wasn't supposed to talk about it, but hey there were hundreds of frost planets out there, who was going to guess that he was on Waquil?  Right now, he just wanted peace.  It was a new corporation, a new planet to work on and a place that offered him so much more than what he once had.  Allowing himself a little grin, he just shot Reza a small wink.

"When you sit on a planet where ninety-five percent of the population is male.  You end up thinking that you'll never find someone because there is too much competition.  It grinds you down and then when there is never any sunlight and all you get is that artificial stuff, you start to get a little crazy.  I glad to be off of it and I'm glad the first person I met here is not only beautiful, but so friendly."  Reza's blush brightened a little bit as she stroked her arm with the adjacent hand slowly.

"That's very sweet of you to say, but I'm not really looking right now."  Alexander nodded a bit after her words as he drank a bit more and laughed a bit.

"I figured you were just angling to put on a little show and nab a tip out of me after some leading on.  I haven't been gone so long that I really thought anything was going on.  Too fast after all,"  he paused and started to stand up a little bit before putting down what he owed along with a nice little tip.  "I'll see you around Reza, food here is too good for me not to come back again sometime."

"See you around Alex, sorry about that."

"It's not a big deal,"  he responded again with a smile as the sun radiated warmth through him.  He'd escaped the jaws of death and found himself in a beautiful place, too much was going right for him to be upset about that little thing.  Not to mention, he was sure he could win her over in time.
[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]